Turnaround Time

We contracted with John (Louis and/or Robert) Malanka and Reliable Remodelers to perform a very large job.They started working on the exterior of the house and completely screwed up the job.

Not only did they work sporadically (frequently just not showing up), but they did the job incorrectly, told us they were using materials that they were not, and we now have to pay someone else to fix the work. Although we asked for a return of our 50% deposit, Malanka has refused. The office has now been closed down and his staff has been laid off. We have no choice but to file suit.

To those who have been scammed by this company, you can file claims with the Better Business Bureau, NYS Attorney General's Office, and NYS Department of Consumer Affairs.

In addition, we are contemplating filing a class action suit.If you are interested please respond to this post.

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $65000. emilyscott725 is overall dissatisfied with Reliable Remodelers. The most disappointing about reliable remodelers remodeling at Reliable Remodelers was losing my money Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Reliable Remodelers.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Construction and Repair category for more informed decision or compare Reliable Remodelers to other companies on our site.

Comments

Has anyone else received surprised visits from thugs after they complained to local government about this company?

I put up two pictures of the persons who persistently tried to gain entry into my home after I complained about not receiving a refund.I spoke to one of them unassumingly and they showed that they were able to obtain my family members names and addresses from public record sources.

The owner of this company seems to have several arrest records and at least one that I know of is for violence. Had I known that I wouldn't have hired these people.

I complained, two thugs show up at my home with a list of my family's names/addresses??? They lurk around my home for hours, harass the doorperson and won't go away until they trick me into opening the door.

What is their connection with Maey Holding Corp.?

Who is this Eddie Hilel that visited me at my home? Why is Eddie Hilel also known as SADI (on his LinkedIn profile)?

Why do contractors have LinkedIN profiles? Is this an attempt to be professional??? Why does he spell his last name differently on different internet sources? Is he a violent criminal?

With a LinkedIn Profile to seem like a trustworthy and 'tame' person? Why does he think that it's appropriate to come to people's houses and harass them like this? Is my property safe from vandalism? Are these people who came to my house hinting to me that they'll destroy my property?

Are they going to hurt or kill my family members? Maey Holding Corp. Eddie Hilel Private Investor 561 Maple Street Brooklyn, NY 11203 Cell 917-678-8606 Fax 347-405-5538 ADI1818@gmail.com Is this even a real company?

Why do you do business in an intimidating manner like this?Don't come to my home!

New York, New York, United States #1282628

How do I find out more information on this suit? This guy took a lot of people for a lot of money, myself included.

Bronx, New York, United States #1276966

Hi,

We also have the same issue.He ran off with our money.

Can't contact them and no address whatsoever.

I'm not even sure where to file a lawsuit.This guy just scammed and ran.

to Jenny XC #1310181

I would look up their names and addresses on the web and public records --- like they did to my family members.I would file a complaint with any and all governmental agencies (and get ready to call the cops when they send thugs that smell like garbage to lurks around your home as an intimidation tactic).

Scammers and idiots use intimidation tactics like this. Look for their facebook, social media, instagram, linkedin profiles. Look where they go to post their sad lives online.

Persist, persist, persist and do not give up on weirdos like this.

If enough people get on their cases about these scam artists, they will be arrested in no time.

to Jenny XC #1451983

The sister lives in Richmond Hill, Woodhaven or Ozone Park. She came into my workplace with a pal, saw my license on the wall, turned ghost white and walked out immediately. Pay back the money or your kids will be dodging heroin addicts on their commute to school.

everyone should get together and call news 12 to cover this..

he has done this to hundreds of people.

he was arrested for embezzlement at a previous company

look him up online

he is a career criminal

and if he is not stopped he will just open up under another name and do this to more innocent people!! feel bad for his workers...

he speaks to customers like trash imagine how he spoke to his employees?poor people laid off now b/c of this LOSER!!!!!!!!!!

to Anonymous #1310184

News12, NY1, Help me Howard, Arnold Diaz PIX-11 News, 7 on your side/Consumer Reports.Call their hotline anonymously if you don't want TV exposure or have a public job and would rather stay anonymous.

Don't let scammers like this intimidate you into not complaining about them taking your money. Scammers aren't logical people, you need to report them to authorities. They deal with the nutcases, not us law-abiding folk. *If we weren't law-abiding, we wouldn't have gotten scammed in teh first place!*

The owner will probably cry like Casey Anthony, beg for forgiveness and get a (somewhat) reduced sentence.

That's if they catch this guy.However, it won't happen if you guys just keep ranting online instead of writing a formal complaint or filing a police report.

Ephrata, Pennsylvania, United States #1255503

emily please post an email i can email you at.

to Anonymous #1310182

Report it to the state or local government. If enough people complain and state their grievances in a concise manner, the different jurisdictions will get together and make a federal case against these people.

New York, New York, United States #1255140

Wow..Was just going to sign a contract with John.

He wanted 50% up front check.. No credit card..

Thought strange .After reading your reviews, I feel lucky I didn't go for the good and possibly being scammed

emilyscott725
to Anonymous #1255263

You are very lucky!His office closed down and he hasn't even paid his staff.

I have learned to only go by recommendations from people you know only. If possible I'd like to speak/ email with you about your experience.

If you are willing you can private message me.Thanks and good luck!